HACCP; “Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points” (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points), starting the supply of raw materials in a food chain, performing hazard analyzes at every stage and point of the food chain such as food preparation, processing, production, packaging, storage and transportation, and critical control points where necessary. It is a food safety system that ensures the protection of the system that determines the points and prevents any problems before they occur. In summary; It is a system that identifies, evaluates and controls hazards important to food safety.
HACCP is one of the most important parts of food safety and quality in food. The HACCP standard, on the other hand, is based on the Total Quality Management system and the ISO 9001 Quality Management system. It is described as the use of Total Quality Assurance system and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points together. The hygiene and prevention of contamination risks of foods, which are the basic life source of human beings, and good production practices are the system that emerged with the GMP system. Today, HACCP forms the basis of ISO 22000 Food Safety Systems and is a source for Food Safety standards all over the world. In addition to the food industry, it is also used in the pharmaceutical industry and cosmetics industry.
HACCP Basic Stages The HACCP setup basically consists of the following stages:
* Creation of personnel and team responsible for HACCP implementation
* Product identification for HACCP
* Explaining what purpose HACCP products serve
* Writing HACCP business processes
* Controlling HACCP processes
* It consists of the determination of the personnel at the critical points responsible for the HACCP process, the definition of the products, the determination of the business processes, making the applications and controlling these applications.
Company Gains with HACCP Training
* Increases the trust of customers,
* Consumers are ensured that food products are healthy and reliable,
* Another of the advantages of HACCP is working according to the principle of preventive approach; also minimizes disposal, rework and product recalls,
* The aim is to increase the quality of the product by controlling the critical points that will not risk the health of the consumer,
* Means to Produce & Sell Reliable Food with HACCP Documentation,
* With HACCP Training, the trust of consumers & customers, retailers and government institutions is ensured,
* Strengthen your brand and corporate image with the HACCP Verification Procedure,
* HACCP plan sample helps you when you are under the scrutiny of the overseers,
* Increases the number of new markets / new customers,
* When you say you want to get a HACCP certificate, you also apply an effective auto-control system to your business,
* By contacting the institutions that issue the HACCP certificate, you also ensure compliance with the customer demands,
* Do not think about who can get the HACCP certificate, and if you are a food business, you will also ensure compliance with legal regulations.
Who Should Apply the HACCP System?
The HACCP system is a food safety management system that can be applied by all food businesses, and with the establishment of this system, risks and hazards that may arise food are prevented and corrective and preventive actions are provided. It is designed for organizations that aim to commercially manufacture, process, distribute and place food contact materials on the market. It is especially designed for catering industry manufacturers, food retailers, catering and industrial gastronomy trades and their suppliers, i.e. manufacturers of packaging materials.
* Food production facilities
* Food component production facilities
* Meat combined plants
* Meat cuts
* Food outlets
* Catering companies
* Logistics and warehousing organizations
* Firms producing packaging
* Establishments providing food equipment
The implementation of the HACCP system by all organizations in contact with food has become a necessity in today´s food market.
HACCP Certification Process
* Determination of HACCP system responsible
* Making product definitions
* Creation of food business processes
* Verification of business processes
* Performing hazard risk assessment
* Determination of KKN points
* Determining how KKN monitoring activities will be carried out
* Identification of corrective actions for nonconformities in food safety activities
* Determination of business process procedures
* Creation of instructions
* Creation and implementation of document registration system
* Application to the certification body
* Planning the audit day
* Performing the audit
* Elimination of nonconformities, if any, during the audit
* HACCP Certificate issuance and approval
The concept of HACCP was created on the basis of existing hygiene concepts in compliance with legal requirements. Its purpose is to identify food-related health problems of a physical, chemical or microbiological nature, and to identify the probabilities of their occurrence.
It is to calculate the hazards and to put forward the measures to avoid these hazards during food production in a certain way or to reduce these hazards to an acceptable minimum. The risk or hazard analysis should be updated regularly, especially when promoting new products or in case of technological changes. As BELCERT Certification Body, we have listed the benefits of the HACCP service we provide to your institution as follows. You can contact us to benefit our service and to get detailed information.
Benefits for your institution:
* Identification, assessment and control of health problems.
* Proof of completion of preventive periods.
* Increased consumer safety and consumer reliability.
* Increased product safety and reduced risk of product liability.
* Ability to monitor food hazards.
After the food production activities of an impartial inspection institution are controlled according to the HACCP standard, the institution receives the HACCP Certificate. Its duration is 1 year. Interim inspections are carried out every year.