GVP CERTIFICATE (GOOD VETERINARY PRACTICES)
veterinarians; Although it plays an important role in animal welfare, animal health, public health and environmental protection, it serves in a very wide area. They work not only for animal health and welfare, but also for the protection of human health and the environment. For this reason, over time, it was necessary to regulate a standard that determines the characteristics of a good veterinarian and the criteria of veterinary studies. The articles of this standard have been created to cover all organizations providing veterinary services, regardless of their field of activity.
Scope of Good Veterinary Practices
Veterinarians play an important role in the protection of animal health, public and environmental health and serve in a wide area. Good Veterinary Practices form the basis for organizations that want to carry out their work within the framework of a quality management system. Therefore, we can say that the ISO 9001 standard forms the basis of Good Veterinary Practices.
Within the scope of Good Veterinary Practices, the quality management issues to be followed in a veterinary organization are listed as follows:
* General requirements; Determining the organizational processes, creating the process steps, revealing the necessary methods for the operation and control of the processes
* Documentation requirements
* Management responsibility
* The management unit should establish, plan and document the quality policy.
* Customer focus should be taken as a basis.
* Internal communication policy should be implemented.
* The duties and responsibilities of the management and each employee in the organization should be clearly explained.
* The extent to which these rules are complied with within the organization should be constantly monitored and evaluated.
* An effective human resources management strategy should be established.
* Realization of services
* In the organization, the processes should be defined, the customers should be in constant communication and the work should be followed up with documents.
* Customer records, case record procedures, medical products and consumables should be managed on an ongoing basis.
* Measurement and research equipment related to organizational processes should be checked.
* Periodically evaluate and analyze the processes created by the organization regarding the services it provides and the data obtained these processes.
* Measurement, analysis and improvement
* The veterinary organization should evaluate the effectiveness of its services within the framework of Good Veterinary Practices and identify and correct the deficiencies.
* The quality management system should be continuously improved.
In this context, public or private sector organizations that declare to be integrated into the Good Veterinary Practices system are expected to comply with these articles. Organizations that cannot fulfill the necessary conditions in any way, due to the characteristics of the establishment and the nature of the area they serve, should be excluded these rules. At this point, it is worth noting that Good Veterinary Practices work on a voluntary basis. For this reason, it is recommended that organizations that are out of the scope of the standard should implement as many of the items in the standard as they can.
“As the BELCERT Certification Body, we provide services during the GVP (Good Veterinary Practice) Certification process. You can contact us for detailed information.”